The Procull design includes several innovative features to make the trap simple, safe and effective to use:
- Self contained in its own integral mesh cage with internal barriers to guide the squirrel to the strike position for the optimum humane kill. No need to build your own tunnel nor worry about correctly orienting the squirrel into the target area.
- Integral setting lever allows the two powerful killing springs to be engaged AFTER you have baited and set the trap, allowing you to position and adjust the trigger in complete safety.
- The hanging pendular trigger means that the trap is actuated by the squirrel's head rather than by its foot on a treadle. This makes it very versatile and effective for use inside and outside, mounted horizontally, vertically and on a slope.
- Easily camouflaged with local materials such as twigs and leaves entwined in the cage walls or it can be covered with a net, hessian or plastic sheet.
- Please be aware that traps are only tools and they do not do anything on their own. It is always the trappers responsibility to avoid catching non-target animals and birds.
Procull Squirrel Trap
The Procull Squirrel Trap has been tested and approved by DEFRA and it conforms with the latest agreed International Humane Trapping Standards recommendations.
The Procull Squirrel Trap kills quickly and humanely with one blow to the animal's spinal central nervous system.
The outer enclosure is made of 25 mm square mesh with 2.0 mm diameter steel wire. The structure is fully welded for strength and ridgidity.
After welding it is Electro-zinc plated to provide a quality finish and resistance to weather.
Two powerful stainless steel springs provide the energy that is required to deliver the lethal blow.
An integral setting lever means that you do not have to struggle with spring loaded trap jaws to set the trap.
Can be deployed on the ground, on the side of a fence or on a tree. It can also be positioned inside building spaces such as lofts and trunking.
The Procull is designed and manufactured in the UK.
Grey Squirrels are a non-native species within the British Isles and it illegal to release live captured individuals back into the wild. The Procull is the ideal choice where Grey Squirrels are causing a problem.
The packaging and delivery cost will be added automatically.
Please refer to the Home page for details.